Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Who Was wrong

So I had no idea what to do my first blog about.  I even started one blog and lost interest by the second sentence but I guess the procrastination was well worth it because this morning I have so much to say about a story I saw this morning on the Fox 25 news.

This morning I saw a story about a motorcyclist who was ran over by an SUV and paralyzed.  At first when I saw the story, I felt so bad for the motorcyclist and his wife who was crying during an interview with a news reporter. During the story, the news reporter said there were no charges filed on the driver.  That is what caused me to investigate the matter more because I thought we had another Trayvon Martin case in our hands.

After researching the full story, my entire opinion on the matter changed!  Apparently the group of motorcyclists were riding down the highway intimidating people and motorists on the highway.  As a matter of fact, the police stated that they received over 200 calls of people complaining about the motorcyclists.

If you do not know the story, let me explain briefly what allegedly (although it was caught on tape) happened...

A bunch of motorcyclists were intimidating an SUV on the road by cutting it off and the SUV hit one of the cyclists by an accident (in my opinion).  After stopping, I assume the motorist was too scared to get out of the vehicle with hundreds of cyclists standing outside of his Range Rover yelling, screaming at him, slashing his tires and attempting to break his windows.  Not to mention that the man's wife and 2 year old child were in the SUV witnessing this entire ordeal.  Once the man was surrounded and had nowhere else to go, he stepped on the gas and ran a few cyclists over, putting one of them in a coma.

Does anyone feel sorry for the cyclist now? I sure don't.  My thoughts are, I would have done the same thing if I were in that situation.  The poor guy in the SUV had nowhere to go and probably had his daughter crying in the back seat with his wife on the passenger's side yelling at him to do something to protect their family. This act was nothing more than just simple self-defense.

The "victims" family are now alleging that the motorcyclists are being "stereotyped" because everyone thinks of them as bad asses with tattoos. They are also stating that the man driving the Range Rover is some rich white guy and that's why the police do not want to prosecute.

How about the police do not want to prosecute because this guy was going about his merry way minding his business with his family and a group of cyclists decide they want to torture him for absolutely no reason?  This case just bothers me and I hope no one tries to pull the "race" or "class" card in this situation.

That's my opinion.


No comments:

Post a Comment